Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
eliwiel

Autoleveling Failing

Hi, I just got my Ultimaker 3 extended today, and when I attempted my first print, I got the following error: "Detected height of both PrintCores exceeds realistic values."

There doesn't appear to be much info online about this error. My build plate is completely clean, so I don't think there is anything wrong there. Other than that, I have no idea. Any help?

After the bed goes up at high speed, the measurement starts when the bed starts moving very slow (0.4mm/s).

At that moment, there must be ~1mm gap between nozzle and bed. If the bed is too high, the measurement will start with the bed against the nozzle. That won't work.

When you see that, turn the screws below your bed to lower it slightly.

I got the same message after upgrading the firmware. Till yesterday all works fine. But now I need 2-3 starts before the printer is working well. Sometimes the message came - sometimes not. The glass is clean and the nozzles too. That would came with the update I guess.

I found that when I had this error (after making sure the nozzles are clean and such), it required me to reset the manual leveling as the bed can be knocked out of alignment if you are not careful when removing a print. I found it better to just remove the build plate when removing a print.

That made me get a couple of extra build plates so I can just cycle through them and check the active leveling after each build plate change and before starting new print.

I always figure I am knocking something out of alignment. And, that has proven to be the case most times if I am too 'rough' when removing a print of build plate.