Website not working with IE11

yellowshark

Posted (edited) · Website not working with IE11

A month, or 2, back the site stopped working with Windows 10/IE 11. This may have coincided with 2.4 beta, I cannot be sure - it certainly did work with 2.3 You can sign on and access the notification list but on selecting a topic al you get is a blank page displayed.

It does work with Edge but I refuse to use that rubbish so I installed Firefox and it works with that. But it is a real pain having to use two browsers to access the Web.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Website not working with IE11

I highly recommend you not to use edge or internet explorer as both of them are rubbish. Just use Firefox, Chrome, or if you want to, Opera.

Lol I would never trust Google; Firefox is OK but imho IEs interface is more polished, Don't know opera I thought is was Mac software. Anyway for a lot of us IE11 is the best Windows browser out there so Ultimaker ought to work with it!!

Posted (edited) · Website not working with IE11

Well I'm using safari and the website is also broken for me, for some reason the top left navigation menu is not doing anything so to go into the website i need to pretend to look at my profile and then head to the area i want after wards.

Its the menu that seems completely broken. Looks OK in chrome, but in safari its completely missing.

Edited by Guest

@yellowshark, are your problems forum related or 'only' your notification list?

What OS do you run?

@cloakfiend, by top left do you mean the whole navigation at the top of your screen, or the left section of this menu? It does not unfold when you hover over it?

What OS do you run?

Thanks!

This is safari....

5a333123a5a78_ScreenShot2017-04-04at18_31_07.thumb.png.f30d12920ba471ae60735ed26b0900a6.png

...and this is chrome.

5a333124cfe0d_ScreenShot2017-04-04at18_33_57.thumb.png.d6e9fde3869761d1cd1c9fc8a78fd968.png

Im running OS X 10.11.6 on a macbook air.

5a333123a5a78_ScreenShot2017-04-04at18_31_07.thumb.png.f30d12920ba471ae60735ed26b0900a6.png

5a333124cfe0d_ScreenShot2017-04-04at18_33_57.thumb.png.d6e9fde3869761d1cd1c9fc8a78fd968.png

Hi @SandervG, well having just given you the answer I got the dreaded server 500 error so have had to type it again, grrrrgh

Err as it says in the first sentence of my post, Windows10!!!

It seems to be forum related. I just signed on to Ultimaker.com, selected Community, then selected one of the picture frames at the top for a posting and got a blank screen. I normally join the forum by selecting an email notification which now always gives a blank screen.

I then signed onto Ultimaker.com again, selected Community, selected Forums, selected Tips and Tricks which displayed a list of postings as normal, selected a posting and again got a blank screen.

Just to be clear, for me this only happens with IE11 and has been the case for several weeks (a month?). Last week I got a new laptop with new Windows and IE11, on an HP laptop not my original Lenovo and the problem persists, i.e. I do not think the problem is at my end.

Ever since the last update of the forum IE 11 does not work you have to use edge.. why I don't know but its been a long running issue.:(

Forgot to say Windows 10 is my operating Sys.