Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
itsjames

Documentation?

I just got my new Ultimaker in the mail and it's fully assembled and I'm VERY excited to use the Ultimaker, but it didn't come with any instructions, documentations. NOTHING. Just the machine, the roll of PLA, and some small parts... And I can't find anything (in the box or on the internet) that'll help me get started to my first print.

Are there any links to documentation or a manual to start using?

Thanks all.

You should read all the assembly guide for understand how you Ultimaker works. An ultimaker is not plug and play, you already have to calibrate, check, modify the printer to obtain the best results as possible.

In the Ultimaker wiki you should find all informations you need to print, then, read the forum, you'll find a lot of issues (and solutions) and tips to increase you print quality.

Ultimaker is a very good printer, but (it's my opinion) it's better to assemble it yourself to make one with the printer... When you understand well how your printer work, you are able to fix any problems !

The lack of manual for the assembled machines is an oversight from our (Ultimakers) side.

The most important thing you need to get started is Cura from http://software.ultimaker.com/

But some proper unboxing instructions, final tuning and filament instructions are also needed.

A video showing how to insert filament can be found here:

You already asked the same question in another thread...

Cross-posting is bad.

Punish me lol. Thanks for the tip(s) Trion, including for the previous thread

The lack of manual for the assembled machines is an oversight from our (Ultimakers) side.

The most important thing you need to get started is Cura from http://software.ultimaker.com/

But some proper unboxing instructions, final tuning and filament instructions are also needed.

A video showing how to insert filament can be found here:

You should read all the assembly guide for understand how you Ultimaker works. An ultimaker is not plug and play, you already have to calibrate, check, modify the printer to obtain the best results as possible.

In the Ultimaker wiki you should find all informations you need to print, then, read the forum, you'll find a lot of issues (and solutions) and tips to increase you print quality.

Ultimaker is a very good printer, but (it's my opinion) it's better to assemble it yourself to make one with the printer... When you understand well how your printer work, you are able to fix any problems !

Go to step 2 here - software setup. And if you have any mechanical problems refer to step 1 - assembly. For example the last thin in step 1 talks about setting the z limit switch which is a good thing to know how to do.

http://wiki.ultimaker.com/Software_setup_guide

A plethora of saves. Thank you!