That is what my cores looked like last week. I heated both cores up and managed to get them out. I pulled a lot of plastic out while still attached. I cleaned the BB core while hot with Needle nose pliers. But by the time I got to the AA core, the plastic was soft, but not really able to let go and pulled out two wires because the plastic had hardened just enough to be problematic. I bought backups.
But, if I had a small heat gun, I think I could have gotten the AA core cleaned no issue.
With a blowdryer you can get most PLA, but be careful when removing the final bits that you do not bend or break any wires etc. The Ultimaker 2+ is less sensitive in this case, and as your PT100 survives you should probably be good.
The Ultimaker 3 is more sensitive. I would recommend to indeed reach out to your salespartner and look for a solution with them. Good luck!
Link to post
Share on other sites