Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
tpulti-bt

pluging problems in the peek

Hi all,

since days we have a problem with our ultimaker while extruding and can't solve it by our self. Nearly everything was tried without improvement. Perhabs someone of you allready had the same problem, or has some new ideas.

When we build up our extrusion head and start to extrude (~200°C) everything works fine, but after 1-2 minutes there is no more filiament coming out of the nozzle. The stepper extruder motor is slipping and can't get enough advance.

After removing the nozzle we always find the same, there is a huge plug in the PEEK.

Thx for every help.

What speed, layer thickness, wall width, nozzle width are you printing at? Can you perhaps post some gcode that you are trying to print?

Hi all,

since days we have a problem with our ultimaker while extruding and can't solve it by our self. Nearly everything was tried without improvement. Perhabs someone of you allready had the same problem, or has some new ideas.

When we build up our extrusion head and start to extrude (~200°C) everything works fine, but after 1-2 minutes there is no more filiament coming out of the nozzle. The stepper extruder motor is slipping and can't get enough advance.

After removing the nozzle we always find the same, there is a huge plug in the PEEK.

Thx for every help.

1) Don't print thicker than .2mm or faster than 100mm/sec for your first print.

2) Consider raising the temperature to 230 just to figure this out although 200C is normally fine.

3) Are you getting clear teeth marks in the filament? Your feeder needs to be very strong. Try tightening the feeder and maybe examining this bolt:

http://wiki.ultimaker.com/Ultimaker_rev.3_assembly:_Material_feed_mechanism#Step_2:_Drive_bolt_assembly

I had to play with the washers and add my own washers to get this bolt to line up as well as in the picture. I did not follow the directions by the time I was done with it.

Look at the picture at the bottom of this page. This is *good* teeth marks:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/291-extruder-calibration/page-3