Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
jarred

UMO + with s3d cannot find the right settings

I have a question about simplify 3d , I cannot seem to get a good print with it. I have changed the extruder multiplier and still have got nothing. I know that the umo+ has the new printer board but the older extruder? so do I use the um 2 profile? if anyone could please send a file with the right settings to help me out that would be great im new to simplify 3d and I have contacted their support with no luck. They just sent me to their guide. if needed i can attach my profile.

thank you

jarred

cura has no problem with my printer

Edited by Guest

Unlike Cura, using S3D requires you to learn a lot about slicing and printer settings. The link that @neotko provided above is what I used to get started with S3D.

Start out with the basic FFF profile that he provides and make adjustments from there. Read through the entire forum posting and go through all the FFF Settings screens to understand what they do.

I still have a lot to learn, but I have been getting good prints from S3D on my UMO+ for a while now. I especially like the ability to customize supports and change settings mid-print.

For most of my uses, Cura works great, but the S3D supports seem easier to remove. And now that I have some pretty good settings I have been using S3D quite a bit.

• Like 2