Cura not finding my Monoprice mini

adamgarb

Posted · Cura not finding my Monoprice mini

This is an Ultimaker forum. The people here don't know much about other printers out there. I've never even heard of a monoprice mini, sorry. Or if I did I forgot. And I have heard of about 30 different printers out there.

This is an Ultimaker forum.  The people here don't know much about other printers out there.  I've never even heard of a monoprice mini, sorry.  Or if I did I forgot.  And I have heard of about 30 different printers out there.

I do believe he was seeking Cura help.

Posted (edited) · Cura not finding my Monoprice mini
    @adamgarb: The only printer Cura has an active connection to is the Ultimaker 3 afaik. In order to set up a printer you have to select one of the presets or set it up by yourself as a custom printer. Edited by Guest

I don't know if cura 2.* still can connect to a printer through USB. Does anyone else know? Cura is more of just a slicer only.

For printer control of a USB based printer I recommend pronterface. Maybe you want your slicer and printer controller all in one program but Cura has been moving away from that at for a few years (and is now moving back towards that but with ethernet and UM3 only).

Sure it can. USB printing works for the Ultimaker Original (+), and for the Ultimaker 2 family provided that you set the gcode flavor to "Reprap (Marlin/Sprinter)". It is not the most featured USB host ever though.