adamgarb

Cura not finding my Monoprice mini

Posted · Cura not finding my Monoprice mini

I am on Mac OS and i have a usb connection running through a USB-C adapter into my macbook .Cura isn't finding the printer. Help?

This is an Ultimaker forum. The people here don't know much about other printers out there. I've never even heard of a monoprice mini, sorry. Or if I did I forgot. And I have heard of about 30 different printers out there.

This is an Ultimaker forum.  The people here don't know much about other printers out there.  I've never even heard of a monoprice mini, sorry.  Or if I did I forgot.  And I have heard of about 30 different printers out there.

I do believe he was seeking Cura help.

Posted (edited) · Cura not finding my Monoprice mini
@adamgarb: The only printer Cura has an active connection to is the Ultimaker 3 afaik. In order to set up a printer you have to select one of the presets or set it up by yourself as a custom printer. Edited by Guest

I don't know if cura 2.* still can connect to a printer through USB. Does anyone else know? Cura is more of just a slicer only.

For printer control of a USB based printer I recommend pronterface. Maybe you want your slicer and printer controller all in one program but Cura has been moving away from that at for a few years (and is now moving back towards that but with ethernet and UM3 only).

Sure it can. USB printing works for the Ultimaker Original (+), and for the Ultimaker 2 family provided that you set the gcode flavor to "Reprap (Marlin/Sprinter)". It is not the most featured USB host ever though.