Wanted: UM2 knurled wheel (DE)

Posted · Wanted: UM2 knurled wheel (DE)

Hello guy`s,

i`m looking for a favorable used Ultimaker 2 knurled wheel.

as for sure some upgraded to a UM2+ Extruder the original wheel should ly around somewhere ;)

preffered shipping within Germany.

sincerly

Chri

Posted (edited) · Wanted: UM2 knurled wheel (DE)

It should only be a few Euros

The price including 19% VAT has indeed two digits in Germany and if you add some shipping charge the first digit is probably not a "1"... :O

Depending on how urgently such a part is needed, it's still better than waiting for weeks for a cheaper part to arrive from China.

@chrii: In case you are using a Robert feeder, you may also want to consider replacing the knurled UM part by an MK7.

Edited by Guest

thanks for your answers.

indeed i`m using a Roberts Feeder .

i`m not in hurry, but i also don`t want to order in china when possible.

i made a short-bowden mod (20cm) on my UM2 as a preparation to upgrade it to dual extrusion. (the same setup mirrored)

the Problem is i can`t remove the wheel from my original stepper driver, its mounted too tight, therefor i just want to use the same wheel on the second extruder.

As i`m also switching to 1.75mm filament the same time there should not be a problem with the strengh of the stepper anyways.

um2_shortbowden.jpg

Chri

Edited by Guest

Just realized I misunderstood and I was under the impression you were talking about a different part all the time, I thought you were asking for the rotating knob for some reason.. @dim3nsioneer's estimation is a bit cryptic but probably more accurate.

Edited by Guest

Hey @chrii, I have a spare one and you can have it. PM me for details.

As i`m also switching to 1.75mm filament the same time there should not be a problem with the strengh of the stepper anyways.

Please be aware that the Ultimaker knurled wheel probably isn't the best solution for 1.75mm Filament!

Please be aware that the Ultimaker knurled wheel probably isn't the best solution for 1.75mm Filament!

Hy @cjs, can you explain a little bit more in detail why ?

Chri

Edited by Guest

I guess that's because the distance from the ball bearing to the knurled wheel is too big for the thinner filament. However I tested it with my UM2+ once and it worked fine. You could increase the feeder pressure with the lever on the side.

Thread can be closed, i got a wheel :)

Thx again, @Nicolinux :)

Chri

• Like 1