Swissengineer

Adding End of filament sensor to UM3

Posted · Adding End of filament sensor to UM3

Hello every one,

I was thinking about adding an optical sensor in the feeder of the UM3. I would like the sensor to pause a print. But I can't find the schematics for the UM3 Pcb to know if is there any pin I can use... Isn't supposed to be open source?

Thanks for the help

Yes it is but UM typically release the files later. Pre UM3 the files were released 6-8 months after the printer release.

I have heard somewhere that the UM3 source files will be 1 year after the printer release.

That is correct. For the Ultimaker 3, files will be released 12 months after the Ultimaker 3 was released. So October 18th. Luckily, that is not that far into the future. The reason for this being, we want this period of time to match the investment we made developing the machine.

• Like 2

Actually , I took a look at the schematics, but I lost patience to try to understand the ulti schematics all in black and white...