0.04mm Printing Profile (40micron)

1337Slewis

Posted · 0.04mm Printing Profile (40micron)

I suggest starting with the 0.06 profile and working from there. There is not a lot of difference between the two sets of settings. I have done it before, but do not have a saved profile for you to use.

• Like 1

What settings did you try? and are you using the UM 0.4mm core?

I duplicated the 60 micron profile, adjusted the layer height, slowed down the travel speed a touch, and ran with that.

Yes, I am using the standard 0.4mm Ultimaker AA core.

Keen to get 3DSolex cores for a variety of sizes, but that stuff is pricy, gotta save up a bit more =/

I'm getting good results with PLA, but PVA does not like operating so thin. The BB core blocked within a few hours.

I'd like to find a way to have Extruder 1 operating on a 40 micron profile, while having Extruder 2 operate on an 80 micron profile (double thickness for higher flowrate to prevent carbonizing PVA in the core head).

Cura (no plugins, can't seem to find any) doesn't seem to support what I need though

I have a 3D solex core for smaller nozzles but haven't found it to be the best.

I wouldn't slow down the travel. Keep it nice and fast but you might want to slow the print speed and lower the temp.

I know you can have infill set to double the wall layer height using 2 extruders but not sure if it works on support. I don't have access to check at the moment.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · 0.04mm Printing Profile (40micron)

I'd like to find a way to have Extruder 1 operating on a 40 micron profile, while having Extruder 2 operate on an 80 micron profile (double thickness for higher flowrate to prevent carbonizing PVA in the core head).

Cura (no plugins, can't seem to find any) doesn't seem to support what I need though

You have to use the setting "support infill layer thickness". Maybe it's hidden by default, I'm not sure. If I understand you correctly, it does exactly what you want.

By the way: Cura 2.7 has been improved bigtime here. PVA is now printed default at double the layer thickness (as compared to the build material), and gradual infill is used. That means in the lower regions it is printed less dense, and near the support layer, density increases. That saves a lot of printtime and material!!

Edited by Guest