Ultimaker 2+ Dual

Posted · Ultimaker 2+ Dual

Hello,

i know its been discused 1000 Times, but i want to know in detail.

I have every part Double also a Stepper Motor with the correct Steps.

And for know i want to know why it cant be hacked to a Dual.

I mean ok Firmware must be written.

Power Supply i would order a Stronger witch 15 Amps.

And some Parts i must order, i want use my 3D Printer for the waterbased Filament for Support Structure.

I am using Simplfiy3d as Slicer.

I really whant to know in Detail why it cant be made or what can be complicated.

My Machine is a Ultimaker 2 upgrade to Ultimaker 2+ so Drill holes for second Extruder Motor and Nozzle is there.

Ive got almost every part double also the Mainboard.

Please help me with my Problem.

Sorry i am from Austria, try my best for good english

My dear friend, do a search on the mark 2 project, it is just what you ask!!!

8 hours of printing, 1 small extra print incl. some cabling, and you are ready to go.

Everything is done for you ;-)

Happy dual printing!

short answer, just installing 2 blocks/nozzles in the UM2 head does not work. It's a waste of time to do it. Main issue, you need some kind of lifting system to avoid the unused nozzle to touch the print, or use 2 separate heads, like Mark2. Cooling is another issue.

Ahh ok now it make sense. So if i solve the lifting issue then cooling is not enough for two nozzles for the teflon?

Ok i lay the dual Print to the Graveyard.

I thought it was only a Power Problem and Firmware.

I did not think about lift the unused Nozzle.

Thank you very much now i know it.

Its to bad that no official Ultimaker 2 Dual mod is from ultimaker.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 2+ Dual

Why so pessimistic? The Mark2 is a really nice add-on. You might want to give it a try.

Edited by Guest