UM2+ stops printing suddenly and a reset occurs

glucaizzo

Posted (edited) · UM2+ stops printing suddenly and a reset occurs

Hi,

i've always printed with no problems.

today my UM2+ started to print normally, after 1 or 2 minute printing stopped to work and a reboot/reset occurred, no error messages.

retried many times with no success.

any ideas ?

regards

Gianluca

Edited by Guest

Posted · UM2+ stops printing suddenly and a reset occurs

Hi,

Does it happen maybe when the fans are going on?

Might be the power supply, or an electronic issue.

You can maybe check without printing, by setting the heated bed temp, then the nozzle temp and activating the fans (all from the menu). This might show when it's rebooting

Posted (edited) · UM2+ stops printing suddenly and a reset occurs

Hi, thanks for reply;

i also suspected a power issue, i already tried to powerup fans, temp-up plate and nozzle, in this way seems to remain all powered on; seems to go off/on after a bit of stress when all parts are in movement, i also noticed the leds fade intermittently a bit before the issue.  I see the nozzle fans, but i I can hear other fans, probably internal, can i access to them ? What other can i check ?  Eventually, can i replace these parts ?

regards, Gianluca.

Edited by Guest

Posted · UM2+ stops printing suddenly and a reset occurs

My Ulti2 started doing this lately. Printing from card, not long prints.

Turns out the Power cable was loose, not latched, and the vibration in printing caused brownout glitches, crashes.

Make sure the connector is fully seated, release the latches and push it in firmly.

-dave