Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Gnevko's UMO+ Small Upgrade

Gnevko

Posted · Gnevko's UMO+ Small Upgrade

Danke schön ... ahh ... Thank you :)

I tried to make it as stable as possible. The ABS parts was designed to be very massive and printed with 0.8 nozzle, 50% infill and so on. At the moment it looks like to be stable enough... of course it will be nice to have a CNC milling machine at home ... ah dreams dreams :)

At the moment I am very satisfied the the result, I never saw so nice finish surfaces bevor.  

Next problem zones I want to change / upgrade:

1) try to find really gut linear bearings for the printer head. At the moment I see small gaps between roads and bearings if I try to move the nozzle.

2) try to make the printer bed more stable  (I think the vibration on the level changing it's a common issue on Ultimaker printers).

3) mount extruder on a wall or something like that but not directly on the printer (to avoid additional vibrations from retraction movements).

Surface finish example (ABS, printed with 0.2 mm per layer, 0.8 mm nozzle, 80 mm/s basic speed)

P1090915.thumb.jpg.fc3d267873c07168f338dbde3aea17ca.jpg

Following this. What are the hardware that you kept from the stock UMO+ for this build?

What would it entail and the disadvantages of doing this on the UMO but with a bigger build volume, say 300x300x400?

Archived