Sign in to follow this  
corngolem

Print these torture tests with your fine tuned UM and take a picture

Posted · Print these torture tests with your fine tuned UM and take a picture

If you've got a fine tuned UM please print these torture tests by Makerbot and Make magazine (in PLA from Ultimaking) so I can compare with my results and see what I can expect from my own printer. (if possible in grey/silver because colours affect the perception of shapes)

I'm giving you the gcodes instead of the stl so that comparison will be more accurate.

Once done take a picture of the prints from above (similar to the one below) and post it in this thread. Thx in advance.

torture tests before & after belts tightening DSCF1171

I can't print as my machine is currently in little pieces but I can say that just grabbing a gcode-file and running it is unlikely to work all that well. Say they used 2.80mm filament and whoever wants to give it a go has 2.95mm filament it will not work. Also, a fine tuned machine isn't all about the mechanical side of things, tweaking settings in software plays a huge part as well.

Alright well if someone is willing to print but has non standard hardware let me know and we'll find a way.

Something definately went wrong when i tried this (downloading and hitting print) on the UM, i guess that you'd better post the stl files so UM users can create optimized gcodes (in Cura eg)

Grtz

I would gladly give it a try to, but maybe i don't know gcode well but if its set for 1.75mm filament then wouldn't 3mm filament be way out of whack for it