Cura 2.7.0 won't slice with 'One at a Time' enabled

GuusR

Posted · Cura 2.7.0 won't slice with 'One at a Time' enabled

Hi all,

I have a problem with Cura 2.7.0 stable. I want to print multiple parts with 'One at a Time' setting enabled, but Cura just refuses to slice. Settings for printhead have been set to a minimum to avoid the 'grey shadows' overlapping.

Cura does not give any visible warnings yet it doesn't doe anything when I press Prepare. It does slice normally when i have it in 'All at once' mode. Furthermore I have tested with just two models on the platform and having them as far away from each other as possible, still no slicing.

Here is an image of what I'm trying to slice:

https://gremijn.stackstorage.com/s/t1YsScIRFmmo0cR

Is there a setting I've overlooked or is this a bug in Cura?

Posted (edited) · Cura 2.7.0 won't slice with 'One at a Time' enabled

Based on the assumption that their customers are too stupid to use the feature without hurting something, the developers intentionally disabled sequential printing in 2.7.

There is another recent thread that calls out a tweak to re-enable it for those capable of arranging objects on a buildplate.

Edited by Guest

@Eldrick, please keep your personal frustrations in check. There is no reason to assume that @GuusR is affected by the same issue as you are. As far as I can see OP is using a single extrusion printer.

@GuusR, can you post logs somewhere so we can see what is going wrong?

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/blob/master/README.md

Please don't paste the logs here, because they will likely be very large and the forum will mangle the input. Instead, please post them on eg pastebin.com and post a link here.

• Like 1

I've found two issues in your log;

1. You seem to be using a custom fdm machine. At some point the head size had an issue with that, which caused incorrect data to be there. This should be fixed. Try readding the machine (and removing the old one)

2. When the wrong data got passed along, the rest of the code didn't handle that gracefully. I've just resolved that for 3.0

• Like 1