My own created gcode file is not printed

Teddy2736

Posted · My own created gcode file is not printed

I created an embossed image of my wife from a 2d photograph, added a support plate and grouped them. Then saved as a .stl file and converted to .gcode in Cura. Put the file on the sd card and tried to print it. The progress bar moves rather fast, but nothing else happens. All the steppers don't move. Only the progress bar goes to the end and stops like there has been a printed object, but nothing is printed.

I don't understand what I do wrong. Please help... very much appreciated.

hiya,

In cura, do you see the the layers? I am just wondering if the model lacks mass and is only a mesh.

you might have to put the file through makeprintable website. it's a great tool to sort out some of the issues the models my have

ALWAYS look at your part in cura layer view before trying to print it. There's probably nothing to print. Look at it in xray view also. Post a photo of what it looks like in normal view, xray view, and layer view please.

ALWAYS look at your part in cura layer view before trying to print it.  There's probably nothing to print.  Look at it in xray view also.  Post a photo of what it looks like in normal view, xray view, and layer view please.

I had it repaired by MakePrintable, but in Cura (14.07) only in layer view I see a picture. In normal view and in x-ray view nothing to see.

Have you tried a different model to see if it's doing the same?

could you send a screen shot of what you see in layer view?

Again. Please post the model.

The second most common issue is that the model has walls that are too think. In cura 14.07 the walls must be > than 2X the nozzle width. So if nozzle is .4 the walls must be > 0.8. for example 0.81mm.

There are other issues. Again - please post a photo!!!