Lost printers' when upgraded to Cura v3.0.3 from v2.7

firefly81

Posted · Lost printers' when upgraded to Cura v3.0.3 from v2.7

I had 3 machines added with Cura v2.7. A previous upgrade, from v2.6, went fine and all the machine settings were intact. This time, I'm left with just one machine and its settings are very incorrect (e.g. filament size, build, etc). As before, I opted to overwrite the installation so I'm not sure what happened to the previous config files. This was on a Mac running El Capitan. Is there any way to recover all the machines' settings?

You can reinstall 2.7, and your previous configuration should be restored

Does this mean I will need to keep both installations so that I can manually re-add the machines, and then remove the old one? Is there an export/import to do this automatically, or is v3.0 just not designed to carry the configurations forward?

No, I was just trying to get you going again, and reassure you your profiles are still there.

3.0.3 should have copied and upgraded your previous configuration automatically. Something went wrong. Could you create an archive of ~/Library/Application Support/cura and post it somewhere so a dev can check out what happened?

I reinstalled v2.7.0 over v3.0.3 but the machines did not re-appear - only the one that came up in v3.0.3 was present. I then reinstalled v3.0.3 without overwriting but still only one machine appeared. Looks like I'm going to need to re-add them at this point.

Or you could create that zip, so I can see what’s going on (instead of guessing), probably fix what is going wrong for you so you don’t have to manually readd things, and hopefully fix Cura so the same thing does not happen again to you and other users

Posted (edited) · Lost printers' when upgraded to Cura v3.0.3 from v2.7

I was finally able to get all the machines into the current v3.0.3 installation. I took a look in /Library/Application Support/cura/2.7/machine_instances/ and noticed that there was only one machine. However, since I haven't made any big changes since 2.6.2, I can delete the 2.7 directory because the 2.6 directory contains all the machines. After installing v2.6.2 to make sure all the machines are there, I installed v3.0.3 and all the machines now show up.

Edited by Guest

I've upgraded from 2.6 to 2.7 than to 3.03. My settings from 2.7 were in 3.0.3, but materials and profiles not. I got profiles and materials from 2.6. All changes made in 2.7 disappeared. I got it restored, but many other says it's common.

I got profiles and materials from 2.6. All changes made in 2.7 disappeared. I got it restored, but many other says it's common.

Well, that should not be the case. Cura 3 should have taken the settings from the latest version it could find and upgrade them. If that is not working, that should be reported. If it is not reported, it will not be fixed :-/

If that is not working, that should be reported. If it is not reported, it will not be fixed :-/

I would not backtrack this, couse got not time to spent. If it will occur again with new version I'll investigate.

Posted (edited) · Lost printers' when upgraded to Cura v3.0.3 from v2.7

I had a similar situation with one Cura 3.0.3 installation. The machines were gone in the settings but loading a Cura project brought them back.

Edited by Guest