Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
firefly81

Lost printers' when upgraded to Cura v3.0.3 from v2.7

I had 3 machines added with Cura v2.7. A previous upgrade, from v2.6, went fine and all the machine settings were intact. This time, I'm left with just one machine and its settings are very incorrect (e.g. filament size, build, etc). As before, I opted to overwrite the installation so I'm not sure what happened to the previous config files. This was on a Mac running El Capitan. Is there any way to recover all the machines' settings?

You can reinstall 2.7, and your previous configuration should be restored

Does this mean I will need to keep both installations so that I can manually re-add the machines, and then remove the old one? Is there an export/import to do this automatically, or is v3.0 just not designed to carry the configurations forward?

No, I was just trying to get you going again, and reassure you your profiles are still there.

3.0.3 should have copied and upgraded your previous configuration automatically. Something went wrong. Could you create an archive of ~/Library/Application Support/cura and post it somewhere so a dev can check out what happened?

I was finally able to get all the machines into the current v3.0.3 installation. I took a look in /Library/Application Support/cura/2.7/machine_instances/ and noticed that there was only one machine. However, since I haven't made any big changes since 2.6.2, I can delete the 2.7 directory because the 2.6 directory contains all the machines. After installing v2.6.2 to make sure all the machines are there, I installed v3.0.3 and all the machines now show up.

Edited by Guest

I got profiles and materials from 2.6. All changes made in 2.7 disappeared. I got it restored, but many other says it's common.

Well, that should not be the case. Cura 3 should have taken the settings from the latest version it could find and upgrade them. If that is not working, that should be reported. If it is not reported, it will not be fixed :-/