Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Massassi

UM2 nozzle does not heat up any more

My last print looked really strange. When I tried again there was no filament coming from the nozzle anymore. I also noticed that the nozzle was not 210 degrees as the display stated. I could touch it with my finger, it was not even warm. So if the nozzle is not warm, nothing comes out. So I guess that ether the temp sensor or the heating element is broken. But which one?

If any one can help, that would be great.

Edited by Guest

Ok the first thing I would do is check the sensor and it’s cable to see if there are any issues. It maybe that all the movement has cased it to split.

The reason why I’d chase the sensor is that the printer starts to print. Which it shouldn’t do until temp has been reached.

When you press print how long does it take to actually start to print?

Also if you go to extruder temp in the advanced section what is the temp. Or when you go to move material it should give a temp reading whilst it’s trying to heat up.

I’m interested what it thinks it’s reading at the start of the heating process.

Also check the material setting on the machine. You should be able to access the material process in the machines process. Something may have happened where the temp is set incorrectly.

I must say that I’m suggesting this from a UM2+ perspective so please excuse me if the menu setup differs from what you have.

The last thing for now to try is use rep rap flavour in the machine setting for the G-Code in Cura. It over rides the machines own settings. (Learnt that recently)

Let me know how it works out and I will try and help from there.