Ultimaker 3 not responding to button press

EDMI_Meters

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 3 not responding to button press

Be comfortable with linux, have the printer in dev mode already.  If you don't have either, contact your reseller.  

More info: 

Realistically, if you don't understand this, you shouldn't touch it. Super dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.  Not to say that you shouldn't play with Linux, but not with computers/devices that you care about.  

Edited by SeanTapscott

Posted · Ultimaker 3 not responding to button press

It should be mentioned that I did upgrade to the latest firmware version, and I'm not convinced that the problem isn't still going to occur.  Did some kind of file system management cleanup utility stop working in the latest firmware version that is causing the root partition to fill up?

Mine was at 57% earlier, now it is at 59%, so it may be climbing, or it may be normal, not enough data yet.  

root@ultimakersystem-ccbdd3001d4c:~# df -h
    Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mmcblk1p2  941M  474M  336M  59% /
    devtmpfs        471M     0  471M   0% /dev
    tmpfs           504M     0  504M   0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs           504M  1.4M  502M   1% /run
    tmpfs           5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
    tmpfs           504M     0  504M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    tmpfs           504M     0  504M   0% /var/lib/apt
    tmpfs           504M     0  504M   0% /var/cache/apt
    tmpfs           504M  4.4M  499M   1% /tmp
    /dev/mmcblk1p3  2.7G   39M  2.4G   2% /var/spool/cluster
    /dev/sda1        29G  4.1G   25G  15% /media/usb0
    root@ultimakersystem-ccbdd3001d4c:~#

Are we supposed to be using that /var/spool/cluster for the root, or is that reserved for print files?

Var/spool/cluster is reserved for print files so you can re-print objects from within Cura Connect, and also the print-queue is here when Cura Connect is functioning as a print job spooler for multiple printers.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2019 at 9:45 PM, fbrc8-erin said:

Contact your reseller. You're going to need to re-image the Olimex board from a microSD card. 

Thank you, this worked for me.  I was able to re-image the Olimex board myself using my microSD card and files that my reseller sent me.  I then upgraded to the latest firmware, redid my calibrations, and everything was back to normal.