Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
black_rock

Missing parts of object

Hi all,

I stared with 3d printtign pretty soon, and now I am testing different kinds of models. Everything was good until I did not try print something like this:

http://pokit.org/get/?ba4afa026801e3119b769091ebc866ae.jpg

Cura does not recognise some parts of this object. When I switch on layer view, it looks like this:

http://pokit.org/get/?f0c350c0d9f41025b5605776c22b3a65.jpg

Any help is highly appreciated.

Edited by Guest

There are many things in a model that can cause this but in this case it's obvious: your walls are too thin. Try setting line width in cura to small values just to prove that is the problem. Start with .2mm line width and if the walls appear start increasing. If the walls are still missing start decreasing.

I recommend walls at least .8mm thick.

• Like 1

Looking at the first image, I would guess that the walls that go missing are just single walls and are therefore not manifold.

You can try to check "Print thin walls" in the latest version of Cura and see if that works. But the model should be redone and keep gr5's dimensions in mind.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1