Ultimaker 2 Go with .8 mm nozzle

liesmuller

Posted · Ultimaker 2 Go with .8 mm nozzle

We got from a friend an "old" Ultimaker 2 Go. After some trial and many errors we found out that it

has a .8 mm nozzle.

So far no true problem, but it felt like I should better (finally) upgrade to the newest Cura, being 3.0.4.

To my surprise it is not possible to set the nozzle size for The 2Go!

Any suggestions?

thanks a million,

Lies Muller

In cura 2.* and cura 3.* you instead set the "line width". There is a big learning curve for cura 3.*. You might want to stick with cura 15.* but there are a few pretty amazing features in the latest cura once you learn everything.

Ah, thank you so much. But it sounds a bit strange, up to now the line width was more or less synonymous with flow? In the mean time I found that the nozzle diameter can be set in the preferences-printers, then machine settings. So that's settled!

Yet there seems to be a problem that the feeder motor is running far too fast. I reduce the flow to 80 percent and it still seems too high. Hm. I will send an e-mail to the previous owner...

Can I find somewhere what should be the exact type of the moter? Ours reads: 17H06482-01N If I read well... the first 0 might be D or O

thanks again,

Lies

PS, I will soon dive into the new Cura...

There never used to be a "line width" in cura.  It used to be called "nozzle width" but it was confusing in cura 15.* because if nozzle with was .4 but you selected 1mm shell it would cheat and overextrude 2 .5mm wide lines.  The new cura is more straight forward - you set the line width to the nozzle width.

What makes you think the flow is too high?  Is this only on the bottom layer or all layers that it seems to be overextruding?  Maybe a photo would help.

Hi thank you all for your help.

In the mean time I did by a set to upgrade the feeder of my UM2. Indeed, the new motor (that uses a gear to slow down) is the same like the one that was mounted in the 2Go.

When I finish the upgrading of my UM2 feeder, I will mount the old feeder motor (with longer axis) in the 2Go .

So far so good...