Cura crashes on switching printer

Job_van_gennip

Posted · Cura crashes on switching printer

Hey everyone,

Since around Cura 2.6 I have the problem that when I try to switch printers Cura just simply stops working. In the older versions of Cura i was able to work around this by going to the printer overview and changes the printers over there, however in cannot use this trick in the new Cura. The only way I can switch now is by deleting the other printers which is not really ideal. Have tried reinstalling a few times and it does nothing. Could someone help me?

With kind regards,

Job van Gennip

Could your press winkey+r, and type %LOCALAPPDATA%\cura and press enter.

An explorer window should open, containing a number of folders and stderr.log and stdout.log. Those two files should contain a hint to why Cura is crashing. Could you zip them up and post them somewhere?

• Like 1

Thanks. That log does not indicate that Cura crashed on the last run. Did it?

I meant to say: please make Cura crash by switching printers, and then zip up those logs.

Last time it also crashed, but I cleared the logs reinstalled and let it crash again to make sure it should be the right logs now. They can be found here

This new log indicates that the crash happens while loading/displaying ("binding") the texture for the buildplate. That suggests the driver is doing something rather unexpected. Do you have up-to-date drivers for your FirePro M4000 GPU?

• Like 1

I had looked at this before and it always said my drivers were up to date. Because of you I looked a bit closer into this and it turned out my drivers were so old they did not know how to update themselves... But thanks to you it is now solved!!!

thanks a lot!

• Like 1