Share your experience of Ultimaker 3

Posted · Share your experience of Ultimaker 3

The machine is the machine.....what does location have to do with it?

Location can affect filaments though based on humidity levels and such. And, no matter where you are, you have to keep the printer at a reasonably cool temperature.

I am sorry, i think, I didn't explain my question properly. There's only one official reseller in India.

And I am concerned about the customer service I will get in case if I might run into some Hardware related issues.

I have had very bad experience with that on my previous printer (Closed source printer).

Although I bought my previous printer from another company, not from the Ultimaker reseller, I just want to know if same doesn't repeat with Ultimaker 3.

I am sorry, i think, I didn't explain my question properly. There's only one official reseller in India.

And I am concerned about the customer service I will get in case if I might run into some Hardware related issues.

I have had very bad experience with that on my previous printer (Closed source printer).

Although I bought my previous printer from another company, not from the Ultimaker reseller, I just want to know if same doesn't repeat with Ultimaker 3.

That makes sense. :)

I would say, if you are using it in an un-air conditioned environment and the humidity is high, you'll have problems with the PVA filament.

You might be able to rig some kind of dry-box.

The new breakaway filament is better and less moisture sensitive.

• Like 1

An advantage of open source models is that you can buy components from other manufacturers too, if it would ever be necessary. This was one of our main concerns a few years ago and an important reason for selecting the Ultimaker2, instead of a closed source model of comparable quality. Because this market is still very young and volatile (it was especially 2 years ago). And indeed, some of our collegues also had bad experiences with customer service of very expensive closed source printers (60000 euro...), in Europe, so I understand your concern.

Whatever you buy, I would suggest: make sure the printer is reasonably open source in case of hardware defects, and make sure it uses open standard spools of filament, (or a standard resin for resin-printers), so you can buy filament from multiple sources. Make sure it can handle multiple materials, like PLA, PET, polyesters, etc... And select a reliable brand with good reputation. If you have engineering-schools or fab-labs around you, they might also be a good source of information.