Z-hop during infill

BobSaget

Posted · Z-hop during infill

Sorry if this is and old issue but numerous searches have not found the answer.

Seems like most people complain about retraction and or Z-hop during infill slowing down the print but I have a delta printer and I really really need Z-hop to happen during travel moves over infill. Sometimes the nozzle drags thru already printed infill lines hard enough to cause a layer shift.

As near as I can tell, Z-hop only happens during travel with retraction.

Have not been able to turn on retraction during infill but I don't really need retraction, I just need Z-hop. Z-hop with or without retraction during infill travel would be just fine.

Z-hop during retraction is working fine but I need it to happen during infill also.

Have not been able to figure out how to make this happen with version 3.0.4 or 3.1.0

Posted · Z-hop during infill

Set combing to none and enable retraction and z-hop and it should no longer drag the nozzle through the infill. I have to disable combing when printing PETG as I get too much dribble in the infill. Hope this helps.

• Like 1