Ultimaker Original - dual extrusion

TheSeend

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Original - dual extrusion

I have made a nice Ultibot  (ultimaker robot remix pack) dual extrusion print with my UMO.

Thanks to Stijn van der Linden for this fantastic object.

Nice results with the newest  Cura.

I have rebuild the print-head, i have removed the "Corrugated spring washer".
All parts are hold together with 4 extra "Lock nuts M3" and 4 extra "square nuts M3" and extra "washers".

The build plate leveling and print-head fine tuning is not so difficult anymore. 

IMG_4963.JPG

IMG_4966.JPG

IMG_4965.JPG

IMG_4926.JPG

IMG_4955.JPG

IMG_4967.JPG

IMG_4968.JPG

Edited by TheSeend
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Original - dual extrusion

I made the modification so that it is easier to level the nozzles.

I have removed the Corrugated spring washer.

The lock nuts keep the wooden parts of the printhead together.
The lock nuts have just been tightened, allowing the thumb bolts to rotate freely.
In order to enable the assembly of the cooling fan I made two spacers of washers.
The cooling fan is attached to the aluminum plate from below with an 8 mm bolt (I'm not entirely sure, but it can also be a 6 mm bolt or a 10 mm bolt).

Adjusting the nozzles:

• Pull the bowden tube up slightly.
  • Raise the square nuts.
  • Adjust the nozzles by turning the four thumb bolts.
  • If the nozzles are correct leveled, the peek is clamped between the wooden plate and the aluminum plate by turning the square nuts downwards.
    This also fixes the nozzles.
  • Push the bowden tube downwards so that it presses firmly against the teflon tube.

Bold = Ultimaker parts, Bold/Italic = added parts

That is all ;-)

Edited by TheSeend
  • Like 1