Preview G-code file in Cura.

Posted (edited) · Preview G-code file in Cura.

Hi Folks,

As I've been using S3D for a "long" time in order to study sliced models before printing, I found that Cura now have a good G-code viewer.

However, the last version (Cura 3.1) do not have as good viewer as found in the beta version 2.5, as it sometimes add a small drop. In order to show the difference, I've added two picture of the same sliced model (Arthur's flow/speed test) first from S3D and Cura 2.5 Beta (none of them shows the Z stitch). 

I've also added a picture viewed with Cura 3.1 of the same sliced object.

Here's the link to "Arthur's speed test"; https://www.youmagine.com/designs/test-print-for-ultimaker--2#activity

S3D_4_0_1_Gcode_View.thumb.jpg.f32449a79b504df8e00f75b2d93469f5.jpgCura_2_5_Beta_Gcode_view.thumb.jpg.dd0a676734167f26d9aad42db8cf4c59.jpg

S3D and Cura 2.5 Beta  Those two are showing all details the same as far as I can see..

Cura_3_1_gcode_View.thumb.jpg.9c9a2d7dc05d0c7a5e94222be1965a81.jpg

And Cura 3.1 (Note the extra drop just under 10 ... )

The little droplet just above the S (the upper) is an error in the existing Gcode file and shall be visible on the print.

Thanks

Torgeir.

Edited by Torgeir
Same picture twice.

Posted · Preview G-code file in Cura.

I will have to keep an eye out for this. I have not noticed anything like that in my slices. And, I get pretty close much of the time, but maybe now that I see it here, I will notice it.