Sign in to follow this  
olivierc

What does it take to go bellow 0.1mm per layer ?

Posted · What does it take to go bellow 0.1mm per layer ?

All great advice except one detail: Kapton tape shouldn't be particularly expensive. If you are in the USA then you can get it cheap on ebay. Shipping to other countries though might be more difficult - I don't know. It's about 40 cents to completely cover the UM bed but I don't replace it after every print.

I consider 40 cents to be expensive when some of my prints only have 40 cents worth of plastic in them, but what's even more expensive is the large amount of time required to lay the Kapton tape down nice and flat with little to no gaps. (Soapy water and a makeshift squeegy help.)

What's not expensive? Bare heated glass, which I always use when feasible.

By the way, not all Ebay Kapton (or "Kaptan," "Kaptin," etc.) is created equal, but I've not found the price to correlate with performance, surprisingly.

All great advice except one detail: Kapton tape shouldn't be particularly expensive. If you are in the USA then you can get it cheap on ebay. Shipping to other countries though might be more difficult - I don't know. It's about 40 cents to completely cover the UM bed but I don't replace it after every print.

Well it's more like 1 cent per print because I only replace the center strip of kapton and only about one in 10 prints.