Raise temp of nozzle

appletart76

Posted · Raise temp of nozzle

You go to the materials section of the first 'page' of the menu on the printer and click. By click, I mean to push on the lit wheel on the front panel. Then go down to the printcores 1 & 2, click on each one and use set temperature. That will heat the nozzles just fine. I have found that for PVA and PLA that 150°C works well. Enough to soften the gunk on the outside, but not enough to make it burn or dribble filament out of the interior.

• Like 2

I think it's easy to miss because there's 2 sets of menus; the Material Menu, and the Print Core menu. You can also use the "Move" option in the Material menu to manually heat it, but you can't control the temperature with that, it will automatically go up to around 200 (varies depending on material installed). Print Core menu is the best option for manually setting it to a specific temperature.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Please explore all the menus.  There's not a lot there.  Knowing what you can do in the menus will probably save you later.  For example the "cold pull" feature may save you some day.

Anyway - from memory - on the left side there are 3 menus.  You want the middle one.  Then the screen will show left core on left side, and right core on right side.  There are two choices - for just temp select the middle (in height) image (I think it's the core?) and then in the top right corner click the "..." where you can set the temp.

Or you can pick the upper image (should be the filament) and again click the "..." and select "MOVE" which will heat it up but I don't think you can choose the exact temp.  But has the added benefit that you can move the filament.

You can also move filament by just lifting the lever on the feeder and sliding the filament in or out by hand (as long as you don't have the material station).