Which hardened nozzle for U3?

cdrose

Posted · Which hardened nozzle for U3?

Hi,

I recently got my hands on the XT-CF20 - 2.85mm Colorfabb Filament and seen online that filament like this can be abrasive.

Which nozzle should I go for?

Should I buy a new print core with the hardened nozzle attached and only use this to print the "abrasive" materials?

Thanks!

Yep, do NOT use the stock core or you will bore out the nozzle and wear down the tip. There is a third-party solution from 3d Solex that people use pretty successfully. You'll want to buy the HardCore EVERLAST Ruby Sapphire Nozzles for abrasives.

U.S. Supplier

https://thegr5store.com/store/index.php/um3upg.html

Info

http://3dsolex.com/product/um3-hardcore/

I (thegr5store) only ship to USA so use 3dsolex.com or another reseller in europe (3dsolex posts a list of resellers if you click on the earth/globe symbol on the 3dsolex page).  Anyway you need not just a hardcore but you should get a sapphire nozzle to go with it.  The ruby/sapphire nozzles are called "everlast".  Don't buy a ruby nozzle meant for the UM2 - make sure you get one for the hardcore.

I know one material that surprised me: Glow in the dark materials. Turns out that stuff that glows makes it abrasive.

Lesseeeee...

Metal fills (Copper, bronze, steel)

I am sure there are others, and, other people can continue the list.

Yea I see a YouTube video on the glow in the dark one.

What'sthe best brands of filament to go for?

Different question = different topic.  Maybe you should start a new topic asking about glow in the dark filaments.

14 minutes ago, gr5 said:

Different question = different topic.  Maybe you should start a new topic asking about glow in the dark filaments.

Ok no problem, I did mean as in any filament not just glow in the dark.

There is no best of brand as people like many things about different brands.

There are brands with a good reputation all the way around. Colorfabb would be a great one, I have enjoyed filamentum, polymaker (even though I do not use the polysher), etc.

If you are in the UK then I hear good things about faberdashery.  They sell by the meter instead of the Kg so it sucks for people who do 1.75mm filament.  But for 3mm filament that's not a problem.

Ok I'll check them out, thanks!