Travelling in Cura 3.2.1

ecoscan

Posted · Travelling in Cura 3.2.1

Hi Guys

I recently installed Cura 3.2.1. The products I am printing for my wastewater irrigation systems are mainly cylindrical and now I find a LOT (!) of unnecessary traveling across the walls of the products. It appears that now every next layer needs to start at a different point more-or-less opposite the point where it finished printing previous layers. This gives a lot of unnecessary movement and poor quality. What am I missing here??

I tried to import the profile I used for Cura 2.1.2 but Cura 3.2.1 didn't accept the file. So I tried as best as possible to enter same settings manually but there's so much more boxes that can be ticked and missed. Any advise much appreciated. 

Posted · Travelling in Cura 3.2.1

Hello,

Could you post the file here so we can take a look?

I believe there is an option somewhere that does that to avoid the 'line/scarring' thing that happens sometimes when all layers start at the same location. Perhaps you turned it on accidentally? I forgot how it is called, haven't tried it yet.