Hot End Cooling Fan

myric

Posted · Hot End Cooling Fan

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie and I have a problem with my hot end cooling fan. It seems to not work. To be sure, I went into the menu and increased the fan speed to see what happens and only the two fans on the sides are moving. My question is, in a healty ultimaker, should 3 of them have been moved?

I tried to check the wires and there seems to be no problem. I will try to change the fan with a new one but if it also do not work, I do not know what to do next.

If there is anyone that can help, it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Esra

The third fan at the rear of the print head only comes on (on the newer UM2's) when the temperature exceeds around 40C.  Heat the nozzle to 60C and the rear fan should start up.  If it doesn't start, it's probably either being held stationary by some physical wire/friction.  Or check the connector just above the print head (slide the sleeve up and check the connectors - the two connectors connected together by a short wire are for the side fans - the 3rd connector is for the rear fan).

The first answer is good. Make sure the fan is free to move and also you could check that the connection is good on the mother board. This fan connects to the fan terminal that is on the center of the board. maybe it is not tight or came off.