Extruder Temp doesn't match Cura

rkehler67

Posted · Extruder Temp doesn't match Cura

I am having a wierd issue today, where I setup Cura (3.2.1) to set extruder 1 to 210°C. I save the file normally to a USB. Then insert it into my UM3 and print the file. After everything warms up I go to the tune menu to check to see if the build plate and extruder temps are set correctly and 2 of 3 settings are perfect but extruder 1 is not. They should be set to: Extruder 1 = 210°C, EIMG_3188.thumb.jpg.d6cfd958d728f8a4beb3ebb44cd74132.jpgIMG_3193.thumb.JPG.78a5470e1bdec1191a09b647ed713775.JPGxtruder 2 = 220°C and build plate at 60°C. Extruder 2 and the Build Plate are perfect. Extruder 1 only goes to 100°C and that's it? Obviously I could manually edit it up to 125°C, but that is obviously not going to be enough. Do I have some sort of configuration setting issue, or any feedback on what may be going on would be appreciated.

Thanks,

rkehler67 

This is a complicated topic because you have 2 extruders each with several temperatures.

I'm guessing extruder 1 was set to it's "idle" temp.  It's bad to keep the inactive extruder hot because it will leak and some filaments (ABS, PVA) will caramelize into a horrible clogging gunk.

So let it print a little further and see what ext 1 temp is when it starts printing.  Also look at *all* the extruder 1 temperatures - there are several.  Just type "temp" in that little box above where it says "quality" and it will show the hidden temperature settings.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for my long delay. Unfortunately this is a hobby for me at this point and I have not had time to mess with it lately. Let me try to re-state my problem a little more straightforward. I set up a print in Cura. I set the main temp, "printing temperature" for extruder 1 and extrude 2 with the desired temp value (just the top level temp, not all of the sub temp settings you referred to above. I leave them set to the default for the type of material it is). I save the file to the USB stick. Put it in the printer and print the file. Extruder 1 automatically goes to 100°C not what I have it set to which is 200° or 210° or whatever. So then my print does not start well on the bed and starts getting drug around by the print head and it just goes south from there. I just tried this again last night and tonight and the same thing happens.

So my question is, do I "typically" need to manually set up the printer temperatures on the printer first then start the print from the USB stick? I have not tried this as it seems redundant, but I can't help but feel I'm doing something wrong for this to happen. I have seen a configuration type of error pop up as well indicating the printer can tell there is a  mismatch somehow. Any further feedback would be most appreciated.