part sizes per bed

fast204

Posted · part sizes per bed

so I tried to print to identical pieces at once last night, using wood pla, and when I got done the parts are about 2mm difference in length. one was positioned towards the front of the bed the other towards the rear.. the parts are actually mirro image of one another. both pulled from thingiverse and scaled to 63.2% to fit my needs. any ideas or tests I could do to correct this? 

thanks. 

Sometimes the two rods through the print head are not perpendicular but if the parts were printed parallel that shouldn't affect your part length.  Whenever I slice I *always* also save the whole project.  If you did that you can reload it into cura and double check the scaling of the 2 parts.  I'm thinking one was maybe 62.3% and the other 63.2%?

It's possible that your pulleys are not round.  It would have to be pretty severe fo you to notice 2mm difference in length though!  That's just - severe.  Maybe a photo would help us understand.  Showing where they were placed and how you measured.

I'm not sure if this would affect what I saw but the rods that the bed y axis ride on were not square to the frame. About a 16th out. I squared the bed to the frame but have not yet verified. I also thought maybe I had gotten the scaling wrong but had run the print again after double checking with the same results. 

The objects were placed parallel to the x axis gantry so I'm wondering if the bed not moving in a true line would cause this.