Cura connect shows wrong print job info

bjorn

Posted (edited) · Cura connect shows wrong print job info

Hi all!

Since a while, my Cura Connect web page shows an old print job. It says I have to clear the platform for that job, even though another job is currently running. The queue shows up correct though.

In the screenshots:

UM guitar thing is NOT currently printing or the last print or anything. I printed that thing over a week ago. The printer is currently printing another job (via print over network from cura). In the cura screenshot you can see the job that is actually printing. 

The queued job is correct though.

The printer has been turned off and on again a couple of times.

Any idea how to easily fix this?

Thanks!

Björn

Schermafbeelding 2018-04-03 om 18.33.08.png

Schermafbeelding 2018-04-03 om 18.32.48.png

Edited by bjorn

• 2 months later...

Same problem here. "Reset Cura Connect" solves it, but only for a while. 

This is how it looks in Cura

image.thumb.png.bad0de15c8dc727fab56a2eafbc1e0cf.png

And this in Cura connect:

image.thumb.png.7069da1eda0a27c96eb94e32dd1420bf.png

I also noticed that sometimes the printer asks me twice to confirm that I have removed my print.

Edited by upatamby

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · Cura connect shows wrong print job info
    On 6/23/2018 at 12:51 PM, upatamby said:

Same problem here. "Reset Cura Connect" solves it, but only for a while. 

This is how it looks in Cura

And this in Cura connect:

I also noticed that sometimes the printer asks me twice to confirm that I have removed my print.

Have the same issue - can confirm what you've been writing.

Same issue here on the iPhone app. Would be nice with a solution. Monitoring is not worth much if it does not show the right job. Why should it be necessary to reset connection if the app and the printer communicates? As you can see on the two screenshots the app shows some old info

ScreenShot844.png

2018-08-13 12.27.04.png

Edited by hoegge
    additional details
    • Thanks 1

It's broken in the UM3 firmware. UM is aware of it afaik. They first want to fix the S5 firmware and then port that firmware back to the UM3. As it works on the S5 this will fix that bug on the UM3.

Edited by Dim3nsioneer
    • Like 1

On 8/15/2018 at 8:30 AM, hoegge said:

Why doesn't any Ultimaker people respond here? It is an expensive semi-pro printer - what about support?

All 1st line support is done via our resellers. Any support you receive from Ultimaker employees on this forum is purely because they happen to spend time on here, but it's not an official support channel (hence 'community' forum).

As @Dim3nsioneer indicates it has been fixed and the next UM3 firmware release will have this fix and much more. Bringing out firmware updates just takes a while as we need to test a LOT before we put something out on everyone's printer.

Well - since the resellers cannot fix bugs in firmware or Cura, I suppose they cannot help much with that. Or do they have a way to forward and report firmware or Cura bugs?

Edited by hoegge

Yes, there is an internal system to escalate tickets from 1st to 2nd to 3rd (developers) line support. Anything duplicated gets filtered out before it reaches the devs (to not 'waste' their time). Sometimes resellers can actually provide information on a (temporary) fix as well. So if you want fast support, always contact your reseller.

On 8/16/2018 at 10:04 PM, ctbeke said:

Yes, there is an internal system to escalate tickets from 1st to 2nd to 3rd (developers) line support. Anything duplicated gets filtered out before it reaches the devs (to not 'waste' their time). Sometimes resellers can actually provide information on a (temporary) fix as well. So if you want fast support, always contact your reseller.

Well - it does not seem like it is fixed yet, right? Any news. Also the "latest" item in the menu of the printer does not show the latest print but is stuck at a prior print.