Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
fergazz

UM2(+) firmware for 3DSolex upgrade

I just upgraded my UM2 with some 3DSolex add-ons ( FINALLY !!):

- Matheless V3 Block

- 40W Heater

- Temp sensor, nozzles and other things that will not influence here.

I got Meduza's gears but I need to print the "core" so I still with my old UM2 feeder. I have a Robert feeder but with the wrong size yoke and I don't have another FDM printer to solve it by now.

My doubt is: Should I install UM2+ firmware? I suppose that it will turn the gear feeder for ther oposite direction. Is there a way to make it work with UM2 feeder?

Should I install TinkerGnome firmware? or UM2 with Olsson Block firmware?

By the way, in my first test minutes ago, I choosed UM2 printer at Cura, when asked if I have an Olsson Block I hit yes... and them I install the firmware provided and started to move the filament over the bowden tube and I feel a different smell from the printer... it was not a burnt smell. Just in case I turn off the printer and came to here :D . Maybe is a brand new products smell but I need to check that firmware info after continuos my test. 

Cheers!

ThinkerGnome installed! I've been to Advanced > Power Budget and seted Extruder to 40W

easier than I thought. I believe that I don't need to adjust anything else. 

Because of the smell I changed duct tape on cabes to anti-flame thermal tape that I bought today :)

Time to print, fingers crossed