UM2(+) firmware for 3DSolex upgrade

fergazz

Posted · UM2(+) firmware for 3DSolex upgrade

I just upgraded my UM2 with some 3DSolex add-ons ( FINALLY !!):

- Matheless V3 Block

- 40W Heater

- Temp sensor, nozzles and other things that will not influence here.

I got Meduza's gears but I need to print the "core" so I still with my old UM2 feeder. I have a Robert feeder but with the wrong size yoke and I don't have another FDM printer to solve it by now.

My doubt is: Should I install UM2+ firmware? I suppose that it will turn the gear feeder for ther oposite direction. Is there a way to make it work with UM2 feeder?

Should I install TinkerGnome firmware? or UM2 with Olsson Block firmware?

By the way, in my first test minutes ago, I choosed UM2 printer at Cura, when asked if I have an Olsson Block I hit yes... and them I install the firmware provided and started to move the filament over the bowden tube and I feel a different smell from the printer... it was not a burnt smell. Just in case I turn off the printer and came to here :D . Maybe is a brand new products smell but I need to check that firmware info after continuos my test. 

Cheers!

Go for tinkerware, it has much more functions that are very handy in adjusting the printer, and gives you much more control. Wouldn't want to go back to standard firmware and miss out on all the extras.

• Like 1

ok, I think that is time to go to TinkerGnome :)

i just feel a bit scarried cause my code knowledge is all about "start script gcode" and "end script g-code" :sunglass:

but let's go straight ahead!!

Using Simplify3d with TinkerGnome will chance anything? 

I have no knowledge of gcode at all, haven't needed it in 4 years.

Can't see why simplify3d would work differently as tinkergnome is just a customizable firmware that gives you more acces to printer settings.

Give it a go, you won't be disappointed ;)

tomorrow I will do that, today was a long day!

Upgraded my printer after almost 2 years of seaching and planing how to bring those stuffs to my country 

and the biggest corrupt politician, ex-president Lula, went to jail... things are changing 

ThinkerGnome installed! I've been to Advanced > Power Budget and seted Extruder to 40W

easier than I thought. I believe that I don't need to adjust anything else. 

Because of the smell I changed duct tape on cabes to anti-flame thermal tape that I bought today :)

Time to print, fingers crossed

Posted (edited) · UM2(+) firmware for 3DSolex upgrade

Good luck with it, and enjoy the firmware options!

Edited by phantom
    Typo