Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Jakeddesign

Polypropylene Issues

I searched around the forums and could not find much information on my particular issue. I have UM brand Polypropylene and I simply cannot get a part to print well.  I am using UM adhesion sheets, which are amazing, and do NOT have any bed adhesion problems. However, after the first 10-20 layers or so the nozzle starts to clog and I get severe under extrusion that results in just little wisps coming out of the nozzle.  I started with all Ultimaker defaults, increased temp, lower temp, 0.1mm and 0.2mm layers, 30mm/s speed, 70mm/s speed.  The filament doesn't make any popping noises or anything, so I don't *think* its wet (and it was brand new out of the package).  I even cleaned out the extruder cooling fan to ensure air flow, and cleaned the nozzle really well (cold pulls, etc).

Has anyone else come across this problem?

I am running an UM3, AA0.4 Core, Cura 3.2

Edit: the underextrusion I am describing looks like this guys prints (except I am printing PP) 

Edited by Jakeddesign