Cura 13.06.4 Plugins?

maxtex

Posted · Cura 13.06.4 Plugins?

Hi guys,

just wanted to ask if you got problems with the plugins and the new version of cura which is quite awesome!!!

I use "Tweak At Z" to change the temperature. My first layer is at 230° and the others at 175°. Since the new version this plugin isn´t working anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

Look in the plugin for "G0" and change it to "G1" and it will probably work. Some of these plugins are looking for actions at a particular Z height and the move uses a G1 now (used to use a G0) or something like that. If you get it to work, please post the corrected plugin and mention that it works for cura 13.06.

The old cura didn't use both type of moves and only used G0.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i modified the plugin TweakAtZ to add support to control bed temperature and make it work with Cura 13.06.04 you can download it from here

https://github.com/RicardoGA/Cura-Plugin/releases/download/Cura-Plugin/TweakAtZ.2.0.py

Thank you very much! With the old version the Cura engine continued to crash on my PC, now it's stable again... :-)

I could have used that 2 nights ago. I'm going to bookmark this for future.

I just realised that the FlowThermostat plugin is not working properly. It lacks to get the correct z position with Cura 13.06.4. I made an updated version: https://github.com/Dim3nsioneer/Cura-Plugins/raw/master/FlowThermostat1.1.py

Cool, they seem useful! Thanks for sharing the updated version!

Just downloaded the new cura 13.1.1

Like it a lot but cant get the plugin Tweak at z working.

Any ideas?.

TweakAtZ Version 2.0 should work with Cura 13.11. However, this version may have its problems if you have some z-changes in your Start-GCODE. If you want to tweak a parameter at low z, it might produce a 'jumpstart' due to the z-lift at the beginning...

You have to enter the Z height EXACTLY. The first time it sees this new Z value it inserts the plugin code. Look at the gcode with and without the plugin running. The gcode is easy to read as it has lots of comments explaining the layer number and such.

You have to enter the Z height EXACTLY. ....

Actually, it should also work if it just passes the entered Z height, e.g. if TweakAtZ is set to 4.99, it should insert it at 5.0 (at any reasonable layer height).

But there is another catch: TweakAtZ needs AT LEAST ONE LAYER below the Z height where it should do something. So if you e.g. set the height of the basic layer to 0.2mm, it will not work with 0, 0.1 and (!) 0.2. The first working height will be 0.3mm (assuming a layer height of 0.1mm).

BTW: I did some further developments on this plug-in such as adding the flow for change, restoring the old settings when passing the magic-Z in reverse direction (very useful when printing multiple objects one after the other) or adding a switch to have it deactivated during Start-GCODE. Is there any version control for the plugins? (Daid, I hope I'm not poaching on your hunting grounds...)

You mean this version control???

https://github.com/RicardoGA/Cura-Plugin/

You can either:

1) Email your version to ricardoGA - his email is in his profile

2) create your own github, check out his version into yours, commit your update, and then send him a pull request to merge your changes into his version

3) Create your own github and post it on this list.

Or do you mean does Daid have this plugin in version control? Actually the official teakAtZ plugin repository is here:

http://wiki.ultimaker.com/CuraPlugin:_TweaktAtZ

So you could submit a pull request to "smorloc".

Anyway, before you do any of that, can you provide a link to your updated tweak-at-z plugin please?

Anyway, before you do any of that, can you provide a link to your updated tweak-at-z plugin please?

Sure: https://github.com/Dim3nsioneer/Cura-Plugins/blob/master/TweakAtZ.3.0.py

Please let me know if more documentation is needed...

EDIT: This is a direct link for saving the file: https://github.com/Dim3nsioneer/Cura-Plugins/raw/master/TweakAtZ.3.0.py

EDIT by gr5 - THIS ONE IS BETTER:

https://github.com/Dim3nsioneer/Cura-Plugins/raw/master/TweakAtZ.3.0.1.py

Thanks. I will point people to this link next time someone needs tweakAtZ.

Oh oohw,

Like to use that updated tweak AtZ plug in.

But how to download it, from github? :oops:

Copied it pasted it renamed saved as a textfile, but won't show up in the cura plugin tab.

Can't download it as a file?

Oh oohw,

Like to use that updated tweak AtZ plug in.

But how to download it, from github? :oops:

Copied it pasted it renamed saved as a textfile, but won't show up in the cura plugin tab.

Can't download it as a file?

It's a bit tricky indeed... click on the link to get the source code page from github. There right-click on 'raw' and save the file... To be honest, as I'm new to github, I don't know yet if there is a more direct way...

EDIT: just found out and updated the link information above...

It's a bit tricky indeed... click on the link to get the source code page from github. There right-click on 'raw' and save the file... To be honest, as I'm new to github, I don't know yet if there is a more direct way...

EDIT: just found out and updated the link information above...

Thanks... it worked.. right click on your last link and saved as, worked..

it's in the curaplugin tab now.

Anyone got the http://wiki.ultimaker.com/CuraPlugin:_Bedtempatz Plugin running on Cura 13.10 or 13.11?

Anyone got the BedTempAtZ Plugin running on Cura 13.10 or 13.11?

Did you try the TweakAtZ V2.0+ ? The bed temperature is also included there since version 2.0... however I never got the chance to test it as I do not (yet) have a heated bed (on my Ultimaker... ;-))

Thanks Dim3nsioneer! TweakAtZ V2.0+ works.

Hi,

anyone found a TweakAtZ version that works with cura 13.11.2?

Downloaded ver.3 but can not get it working...

Hi,

anyone found a TweakAtZ version that works with cura 13.11.2?

Downloaded ver.3 but can not get it working...

I think there's something missing... in your start.gcode for plugin version 3.0

I added the possibility to deactivate the plugin (as I move the z stage during initialization of the print and don't want the plugin to 'fire' during that part of the gcode) and reactivate it by adding GCODE-comments ';TweakAtZ-state0' and ';TweakAtZ-state1' respectively to the gcode.

However, it is undocumented and might confuse people. Thus, I made an updated version 3.0.1 where the initial state is set to 1 which means it just works if you don't add any comment to the start.gcode (as it should!).

You may find the updated plugin here: https://github.com/Dim3nsioneer/Cura-Plugins/raw/master/TweakAtZ.3.0.1.py

Sorry, I hope you did not loose too much time with it... :roll:

I think there's something missing... in your start.gcode for plugin version 3.0

I added the possibility to deactivate the plugin (as I move the z stage during initialization of the print and don't want the plugin to 'fire' during that part of the gcode) and reactivate it by adding GCODE-comments ';TweakAtZ-state0' and ';TweakAtZ-state1' respectively to the gcode.

However, it is undocumented and might confuse people. Thus, I made an updated version 3.0.1 where the initial state is set to 1 which means it just works if you don't add any comment to the start.gcode (as it should!).

You may find the updated plugin here: https://github.com/Dim3nsioneer/Cura-Plugins/raw/master/TweakAtZ.3.0.1.py

Sorry, I hope you did not loose too much time with it... :roll:

Hi,

spend some time trying, seems to work now.

thanks