Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Edel

How can i print a arch?

Hi ?

i tried now so much to handle this print, but i dont can it, so i neet your help here...

the main problem it the step when the two pillars connect to a bow.

Also, the support always break away ...
how would you proceed and print?

726473565_Foto09_05.18150548.thumb.jpg.5424057cb6baf8d552e3e2bac23e5b5c.jpg720496897_Foto09_05.18150749.thumb.jpg.291d5e5c5b0792acf0d2f2421166b951.jpg1553494441_Foto08_05.18215704.thumb.jpg.a07853bca02f0b7cd6bf367a9229bef9.jpg

That looks like the back end of the "Orville" which does not have a straight line on it. It seems that you may have your support on the piece a bit strong. What support settings are you using?

Edit: Also, what slicer?

Edited by kmanstudios

yes orville stl

in 45%

you see the fails, i had now 3, and no idea how i shall improve it....

first support was LINES but that was to instable so i go to zickzack

image.png.d579033cbf072177dd73698ad0def6ae.png

which other setting you would like to see?

Try this setup:

SettingTest4Orville.thumb.jpg.b6ab3adce4948a7e58919aa6e5d6f4ae.jpg

1. To test your breakaway supports (assuming you are using one extruder), sink below the buildplate to minimize time and materials.

2. I will sometimes cheat a bit on the quality settings for support by lowering the support line width. This can make the supports more flimsy though, so,,,,,up to you.

3. Play with the Support Z distance to find a balance between supporting and just not enough contact.

is this cura 3?

i never download it, caus i use my cura 2.x with octoprint and happy...

can cut the part down to that point with netfabb...

i use put now exaclty your settings in mine...

Cura 2.x has the same properties I am showing. No need to cut the model, just move it below the plate. You will probably have to turn off the "Automatically drop models to buildplate." so it is easy to do so. But, everything else is available that I used or mentioned.

Those are the things I know to do. I actually use PVA for my supports. But perhaps you can look at a thing or two such as maybe less dense supports or even maybe playing a bit with the angle so that you have less support.

You dialed the separation down to less-than-one-layer (It'll round up)?

You could play with the interfaces (support floor/ceiling), that should help.

If you're desperate, perhaps lower temps would help, but you shouldn't have to do that.

• Like 1