Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
fablabdueville

Cura 3.3.1 why doesn't change temperatura of extrusor?

We have a problem with the ultimaker 2+. Why if We choose PLA or ABS in cura or in the printer, when We go to print, the temperature is always 240°? We saw that there ins't any start/stop gcode selecting from printer settings ultimaker 2.

Do we have to set one? But if we set one for example setting 200° for pla in printer setting, that means if We will choose ABS the default temp will be 200°.

Actually we can just change the temp after have started a print.

Thanks in advance.

There are other ways to do this but buy default:

Cura does not set the tempature.  The printer does.  You tell the printer what kind of filament you loaded (e.g. CPE, PLA, ABS, Nylon) and you can create different material settings in the "custom" menu if you want to create ones that aren't already built into the printer.  Or if you want to change the values.  You can set quite a few things including: fan speed multiplier, nozzle temp, bed temp, retraction distance and speed.

There's even a temperature per nozzle so if you tell cura you have a 0.8mm nozzle the printer will see this when you go to print that particular gcode file and it will grab the temperature for the current material and the current nozzle.

There's a way to set this stuff in cura instead.  Or after the print starts you can change temperature in the TUNE Menu.

hi and thanks for the answers. @gr5 Anyway if I set pla on ultimaker 2+ if i set nozzle of 0.8 on cura, the printer set 240°, instead if i set a nozzle of 0.4 for example the temp could be 210°?

I've found custom setting and it's seems to me the only way to set a temp. But have to try with different nozzle. I've tried flavor gcode of Marlin but i've got some problems with prints quality, shell doesn't are good, so  i did a step back to ultimaker gcode to understand. But this day seem noting works. Does firmware of 3.3.1 can afflict the printer? Thanks

@ahoeben

Edited by fablabdueville