Pause At Height plugin goring prints

Posted · Pause At Height plugin goring prints

I've been printing with my Ultimakers for a long time, and for the first time I have a project that I need to embed a magnet in. To do this, I'm printing a cavity, using pause at height to pause the print and allow me to put a magnet into the cavity, and then resuming to finish the part and encapsulate the magnet. From what I understand, this is a very typical use case, but I'm having what seems to be an atypical problem. When the print pauses and moves the print head, it drags the nozzle down and into the print, causing the bed to strain and the print to be marred as the hot nozzle cuts through it. Then, when I resume the print, one of two things happens. On my UM3, it waits in the back right corner and purges out a glut of filament before resuming (once again crashing into the part as it does). On my UM2, it moves to the front left corner of the bed, causing the blob of filament it purges before the skirt to stick to the nozzle, and when the printer crashes into the print it welds that blob onto the side. I'd like to add that this is repeatable on both printers, with different models sliced separately in Cura 3.3.1 on 64 bit windows 10. My settings are as follows:

Pause at: Layer 25

Park Print Head X: 190mm

Park Print Head Y: 190mm

Retraction: 0mm

Retraction Speed: 25mm/s

Extrude Amount: 0mm

Extrude Speed: 3.3333 mm/s

Redo Layers: 0 layers

Standby Temperature: 0C

Resume Temperature: 210C

Any ideas as to what might be going on? It seems that this plugin is completely agnostic of where the print is located, and simply pretends it isn't there when routing its movement. Thanks for any help or ideas!