Animation Speed

XYZDesignPro

• 2 years later...
Posted · Animation Speed

Yes, I have the same issue. It would be really nice to have that feature. So far I've found only a possibility to change it, by messing around with some file, which is described here:
https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/3120

Maybe there is nobody doing anything about it, because this is more a feature request than an issue. However it makes the animation for larger prints unusable, so that may be seen as an issue.

• 3 months later...
    Posted · Animation Speed

Well I have to wonder how many folks interested in meaningfull preview speeds have or will give up on Cura if this is as good as it is going to get... I'm a 3D printing noob, and I will be lookingh at other slicers now.  At this point, my disappointment is 100% based on the slow previews.  Thanks all for providing guidance herein!

Posted · Animation Speed

I know that this is an older topic, but I still see this same question about the animation (pen) speed thing, even now.

While the file is easy enough to modify to make it fast, I just don't understand why Ultimaker Devs won't just add an option for speed.

Even if a Right Click on the "pen" and then have a speed control (slider), would be great.

It's not difficult to code that.

Just a thought. 

Posted · Animation Speed

Four years have gone by since my original post.  More new versions of CURA than I can count.  Still no interest from the developers, or the community overall, in this topic.

Simplify3D made it look so elegant. Or, dare I say "Simple".🙃

Posted · Animation Speed

Another year later, is this still not an option?  Was trying to figure out how to increase playback speed and came across this thread.  Dragging the horizontal bar is not ideal and will only let you (manually) "speed up" one layer at a time, you have to drag the vertical bar to get to the next layer!  

Posted · Animation Speed

The "edit configuration file" that Graphillusions posted approach still works, you just have to know where to look.

For me (running Cura 5.4.0) it's:

C:\Program Files\UltiMaker Cura 5.4.0\share\cura\plugins\SimulationView\SimulationViewMainComponent.qml

on line 139, below

id:simulationTimer

is

interval: 100

Lower the interval number to increase the speed. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to support floating point numbers (which breaks the UI by not even showing the layer selector or playback bar) so your dreams of animation at warp speed will have to stop at 1.

• Like 1