Ultimaker S5 Firmware 5.0.19.20180622

C4C

Posted · Ultimaker S5 Firmware 5.0.19.20180622

The changelog for the firmware is usually uploaded in the blog section. But it just happened to be a little bit delayed this time.

For your information, we're working on a better solution where all information can be found on the same page so that should become much easier to find then.

But for the time being, allow me to share the release notes with you:

Firmware: 5.0.19.20180622

Translations. Updated all touchscreen translations, including German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Portuguese.

Network setup freeze. Fixed a printer freeze in the network setup due to the network status being requested too often.

XY calibration. XY calibration can now only start when both print cores have material loaded. When only one print core is used, there is no XY calibration warning.

Active leveling fix. Fixed active leveling not always heating the second nozzle, and fixed a printer freeze in active Leveling when a single probe failed.

Flow sensor. Improved out of filament detection to reduce false positives.

Log files. Prevented the log files using all available disk space.

Extended extrusion. Fixed an overly-long extrusion move after resuming a print.

Clear build plate reboot. Fixed an issue where the printer would not accept new print jobs when the printer was rebooted with the 'clear buildplate' message.

UI improvements. Several small UI improvements.

Hope this helps!

• Like 4

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker S5 Firmware 5.0.19.20180622
1 hour ago, SandervG said:

@starbuck and @C4C, I'm curious to hear how the Ultimaker S5 works for you! ? Care to share some of your feedback in a new thread?

Sure thing! And thanks for the release notes!

Edited by starbuck
added thank you :)

Nope, firmware for the UM3 and S5 is not (yet) available on Github. But... since the whole engine is written in python you can download it from the printer itself. You will only be missing on the marlin part (motor drivers) and the display code (C++ for UM3 and pyQt for S5).

Hi @CarloK - thanks for clarifying. Would you be able to point me to a reference/tutorial how to do that? I've tried SSHing to take a look, but can't seem to connect and can't find anything related to UM5 on the website... thanks!

So the username and password is root/ultimaker

Have you used ssh before?  What operating system do you have?  ssh is built into mac and linux but for windows I recommend "putty".

To ssh to my um3 I had to put it into developer mode.  I don't remember doing that for my S5 but I might have (it has been several weeks).  The ip address is written right on the control panel for the S5 at the top.

@gr5 - yes, thank you - I'm on OSX and very familiar with SSH, but with the printer I only get "connection refused" errors. The IP address is correct though, since I can connect to it via HTTP and can see the web UI in the browser. Will have to check later if the Developer mode setting is enabled, might not be the case... thanks for the tip & I will report back asap!

@gr5 - dev mode FTW! ? That did the trick and I just SCP'ed the entire griffin folder to my laptop - thanks again for your help! ?

• Like 1