Cura Connect | Survey Read more... ×
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
TMicke

A dream has come true

My name i Michael, 45 yrs old, living in Sweden.

Finally my old printer burned up (almost literally) and I had an excuse my wife could not argue with 🙂

I received my UM2+ yesterday 😍 My god it's a beauty!

Have a nice day, I know I will with my new printer 😉 

• Like 3

Hi @TMicke , welcome to our community! 

I'm happy your dream came true! I'm also happy it didn't require your house burning down for it, so, double hooray! 😉

Which printer did you have before? 

Curious to see what you will be making! 

• Like 1

Thank you 🙂

It was an vertex 8400 that I bought when it was launched. I added lights to it, a heated bed and an second extruder. The second extruder became to much for me so I eventually took it off. 

It served me very well, I guess that I’ve printed about 35kg of PLA with it and I’m now left with 28 rolls of filament in 1,75mm, but that’s life 🙂

I added one final picture of my old trusted friend before it will go to its final rest. 

image.jpg

That vertex is an Ultimaker Original clone.  Some of the parts on that will work with the UM2+ so maybe hang on to it for parts?  The screws (maybe not the screws) and the bowden tube, bowden holders, steppers, gantry (rods/belts/bearings). Hmm - maybe that's it.  Those are big lock nuts!  

I hope you enjoy the UM2+.  Come back to this forum when you have issues/questions.  🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gr5 said:

That vertex is an Ultimaker Original clone.  Some of the parts on that will work with the UM2+ so maybe hang on to it for parts?  The screws (maybe not the screws) and the bowden tube, bowden holders, steppers, gantry (rods/belts/bearings). Hmm - maybe that's it.  Those are big lock nuts!  

I hope you enjoy the UM2+.  Come back to this forum when you have issues/questions.  🙂

Yeahh, thank you for confirming my thoughts, I allways thought it looked alot like the Ultimaker!

But the bowden tube and holders, the Vertex uses 1,75mm filaments?

What lock nuts are you referring to?

I’ll be hanging here alot so thanks for the invite 🙂