still have problem with first layer

Posted · still have problem with first layer

Hi, As you can see, I need more material to have a good first layer. I add more material with extrusion multplier up to 1.1 but it doesnt work. The filament seam to be stuck... I clean the nozzle between each print. I use solex printcore with 0.6 nozzle (ice).

I just made a print very good with the same parameter....

Yves

IMG_0250.JPG

In Simplify3D you have an option in the tab “layer” for the height on first layer, if you are printing with a layer height of .13 I would suggest an first layer height of 150-200% and set speed of first layer to 50%

Also, there is a “line width” option for first layer (I’m not at my computer now so not sure if it’s called exactly that) I usually have that set to 120-130%

All this is to have a thicker first layer that prints slower. 

If you are printing with PLA I think 220 is at the very high end of the scale.

It looks to me like your nozzle is too close to the bed and that your bed isn't quite level - close but not perfect.  In this case I would raise the nozzle a little and push more filament out slower on that first layer. Also, typically one doesn't do a width more than 2x the nozzle size.  That is canon, so take it with a grain of salt.

Like TMicke, says, raise the nozzle, increase first layer flow AND I suggest going a bit hotter on the first level.  I use eSun PLA+ quite a bit and I print that at 225, 235 for the first layer with the fan off.  Also, I would drop the speed down to 20% of your normal speed, and then some.  If your settings work to drop print speeds if the layer time is very short, then this should work.  Your skirt looks fine, so your first layer speed may be OK.  I tend to explicitly set my first layer to print at 6-10mm/s when using CURA.

DLC