Developer license needed?, able to use the Cura icon in a CAD plugin?

Posted · Developer license needed?, able to use the Cura icon in a CAD plugin?

Hello, Ultimaker Community!

I am currently working on an add-in for Solid Edge(CAD-System), which allows users to send models from Solid Edge directly to Cura. The add-in is nearly ready to publish, my questions are:

- Do I need some kind of Developer license for publishing? (note: The add-in is intended to be released it as freeware)

- could I use the Cura icon for a button in a UI ribbon (see attachment)?

Greets,

Mampfi

icons.PNG

@Msuurmond is our product owner, so he can give a definitive answer.

I can answer the developer license thing; you don't need one. I think you can also use the icon, but I'm not a 100% sure about that one.

Was this plugin ever made available? I would really be interested in using it for direct exporting from Solid Edge to Cura.

I didn't hear anything about it, so I guess not.

If the OP would post his source code then maybe someone here would be able to compile it and add it to the Cura toolbox...

Hello jkcz,

I never published the plugin because I had a lot of problems creating an Installer, in particulary some antivirus programms do not allow to edit the Registry. However if you like to use the plugin send me a message and I will send you the plugin, but the installer might not work. (depending on the antivirus programm you are using)