Calmc545

Under-extrusion or a bigger problem?

Posted · Under-extrusion or a bigger problem?

I've been playing with the settings, mostly slowly down the print speed in Cura. I'm not sure why the quality of the print is so low. This printer use to produce high quality prints at much faster speeds. Is this just a setting error? Is it possible that I need a new nozzle or something else? Any advice will help.

Current Settings: 

Plastic type: PLA

Extruder Temp: 210 C

Fill Density: 15 %

Infill Speed: 65mm/s

Outer Shell Speed: 30 mm/s

Inner Shell Speed: 60 mm/s

Layer Height: 0.1 mm

IMG_2368.thumb.jpg.f5d08664c1e714d07d8cedaf4715faff.jpgIMG_2367.thumb.jpg.abd43de6864cf1cacb98f66020e48699.jpgIMG_2366.thumb.jpg.26a75d7c2dd06bf4ed0ca531266dd250.jpgIMG_2365.thumb.jpg.d7fd1356f47b542091f8227da6425dba.jpg

This is definitely underextrusion.

What printer is this?  If this is a UM2 series then immediately buy a TFN/TFT and replace it (that white teflon part).

There are about 20 causes for underextrusion but I'm not going to list them without knowing the printer model.

Also do some cold pulls (right in the menu for the UM3).

It's not a Ultimaker, it's a Monoprice Maker Select v2, but it uses Cura. So this is definitely a physical flaw, not an effect of the settings? What is the function of the TFN/TFT?

10 hours ago, Calmc545 said:

So this is definitely a physical flaw, not an effect of the settings?

Hard to guess... which printer profile do you use? Have you checked the material diameter setting?

Prusa Mendel I3, nozzle size 0.4 mm, material diameter size 1.75mm. Everything seems to match with the Monoprice specs. Could a clog be the issue?