Ultimaker S5 Nozzle cleaning

hodey

Posted · Ultimaker S5 Nozzle cleaning

Hello Makers of the Ultiverse,

I am using a S5 Printer for my work. After a couple of printings, the BB print core with
the PVA is on the outside of the nozzle black. It Looks a bit burned of the filament or some
dirt of the black tough PLA. I dont know. For this, I want to clean the nozzle. Do you
have some instructions how to clean it? Cotton swab with acetone maybe?

Nozzle_S5.jpg

Posted · Ultimaker S5 Nozzle cleaning

I haven't used PVA that much, but if you want it to look a bit nicer, an easy thing to do is get a scalpel, or sharp blade and simply trim it off carefully, like shaving, obviously not cutting into the nozzle itself, should take you less than 10 seconds. I tend to hold the blade in my fingers rather than attaching it to the holder as it has less power that way. I tend to scrape any nozzle that looks like its building up an outer shell of pla, or whatever. Don't scrape the bottom though, just the sides. I've done that on my old UM2 for three years straight and had zero issues. Nozzle still looks like new.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies