Cura 3.5 Windows 7 shows white screen at opening

ALoschnig

Posted · Cura 3.5 Windows 7 shows white screen at opening

Cura 3.5 (on Windows 7 Pro PC) opens with 'white screen' and 'white" license agreement popup.

Attached is the DxDiag and the opening Screenhot of Cura 3.5. 

It would be nice if someone could help me with this problem.

Any help is welcome.

DxDiag.pdf

OopstartschermCura.JPG

It could be that your Matrox GPU is simply not capable enough. Matrox is not known for their 3d performance, and Cura needs some 3d gpu support.

Hello nallath and ahoeben.

Thank you for the reply.

You're both right...1. I needed to update my video driver... but unfortunately my Matrox M9138 LP PCIe x16 video card isn't capable of running the 3D graphics.  So.... i've to go shopping ?

I would like to know if my system should be able to run Cura.  I can only get the splash to Accept terms and then error pops up and I go no further.

New to 3d - new to 3d printing - new to 3d everything. And 70 years old.  

Thanks for any help or insights given.

dxdiag.zip

Could you also share the log files generated by Cura?

Thank you so much for the response.  It might be for naught however. I am including the file just in case it might help someone else at a future time.

Had to do some research to find it. The problem is probably my old laptop.  I bought it in 2010 and it has just a very basic intel onboard video chip.

I swapped it out with one of my newer laptops and now have it connected to the printer.   I will not be putting the old Toshiba back to try printing with and will use it for my online and download computer.  That way 2 of my other laptops can be connected to the 3d printer and the laser burner.   But I do thank you for your kindness in your willingness to helping.  I am sure I will have some valid questions about this "3D Stuff" in the future. I will also try to stop and think of other solutions like the one this time before wasting other people's time.

cura.zip