Not an Adult Toy Print

spooner777

Posted · Not an Adult Toy Print

It looks like one but it is not. Does anybody know where this artefact comes from?

It was printed in the orientation as on the picture. I also noticed that the front belt is a bit looser than the back. But since the quality is already quite good I dont want to make it worse.

(Using Cura 13.03. I dont think this is a software problem. I know there is an update but why change a working system?)

LQyhI4K.jpg

Suppose it is software problem, in new cura there is option about fill and borders, so put there 0% and this line should disappear.

I dont think so. This looks more like a tension problem.

Yeah I mean the snake like pattern going accross the light relfection. Overall the print is already awesome.

I also think this looks like a Z seam.

As you are using a rather older version of Cura (13.03), didn't you calibrate Cura in a way Daid, that this was

hardly noticeable nowadays?

So i would suggest to download the latest Cura :)

I downloaded it and will try it soon.

I think it's the z-seam which is when the z axis moves. x,y axes stop moving and then z moves by itself. Because the printer pauses at this spot the seam is noticable.

You can't make it go away 100% but you can make it harder to see with several methods.

You can increase your z speed (well you have to increase the z acceleration to make any difference when moving only .1mm or .2mm). I recommend doubling the accelleration. You might want to experiment with pronterface first. Make sure you save the z accelleration to eeprom when done.

You can slow down X and Y speed. (set mm/sec to lower value - of course print will take longer). This makes the difference between moving and not moving less severe so the seam is less noticable.

You can change the temp. Increasing the temp will keep the pressure from building up in the nozzle but it might also increase extrusion when the print head is stopped. You can decrease the temp which will reduce how much filament leaks when the print head moves. Obviously I'm not sure which temperature direction will help! If I cared about the z seam I would print a test cylinder and experiment with different temperatures and keep records.

Thanks for the advice. I thought it was only a loose belt. Since the problem is not that big I will keep it as it is. I am so happy with the results that I get at the moment that I dont want to change things.

There are massive improvements when I compare my prints from last year with this year.