Jump to content
coduy

Cura connect: webcam view broken

Recommended Posts

Posted · Cura connect: webcam view broken

It seems that webcam link is not OK. When I click to see the webcam view it just shows me a broken link. It does that on each browser. If I run the default network monitor that comes with Chrome it points to 127.0.0.1, and I guess the IP should be something in the range of the LAN the printer is connected to. 

 

1280702340_broken_camera_image.thumb.png.cef70cdb3d281255937669d7aa0a03b9.png

 

 

767035112_networkmonitor.png.0db98730e9ba604b6f41bc2f452da8e5.png

 

 

 

So if I browse directly to 192.168.0.1:8080/?action=stream I can see webcam view. 

 

The software version is Ultimaker Cura 3.5.1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura connect: webcam view broken

It's a bug in Cura, Cura Connect and the Ultimaker app. I thought it would be fixed with Cura 3.5 but obviously that fix takes a bit longer. Maybe @Marco_TvM can give us an update on this?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura connect: webcam view broken
17 hours ago, Dim3nsioneer said:

It's a bug in Cura, Cura Connect and the Ultimaker app. I thought it would be fixed with Cura 3.5 but obviously that fix takes a bit longer. Maybe @Marco_TvM can give us an update on this?

Hi Dim3nsioneer,

I'm afraid I can't answer that. The only one who can is the Product Owner of Cura.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura connect: webcam view broken
On 10/25/2018 at 6:18 AM, coduy said:

It seems that webcam link is not OK. When I click to see the webcam view it just shows me a broken link. It does that on each browser. If I run the default network monitor that comes with Chrome it points to 127.0.0.1, and I guess the IP should be something in the range of the LAN the printer is connected to. 

 

1280702340_broken_camera_image.thumb.png.cef70cdb3d281255937669d7aa0a03b9.png

 

 

767035112_networkmonitor.png.0db98730e9ba604b6f41bc2f452da8e5.png

 

 

 

So if I browse directly to 192.168.0.1:8080/?action=stream I can see webcam view. 

 

The software version is Ultimaker Cura 3.5.1 

You likely know this and yet;

 

When connected to your internal network your IP address will be input as shared; 192.xxxx however, if connecting outside of your network your IP adddress input will be your Public IP such as 127.xxxx

 

When accessing using your Public IP address you need to Port forward 8080 within your router to the printer’s internal IP address.

 

And to clarify the owner of Cura; it is Ultimaker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited) · Cura connect: webcam view broken
45 minutes ago, Shadowman said:

And to clarify the owner of Cura; it is Ultimaker.

 

Also just to clarify:

The 'product owner' is a role in agile software development, in this case probably just a different person (not mentioned by name) that is working for the company though. At least we know that it's not Marco...

 

Not every employee of Ultimaker is active on this forum, it's meant as a forum for the community, not as a support forum of the manufacturer. The best way is indeed to bother your reseller with those problems (the more the better...). The network of resellers (pun ?) is the "voice of the customer" the product owner is responsible for. ?

 

Edit:

It doesn't hurt to mention issues here on the forum though - but this voice is far less powerful... ?

Edited by tinkergnome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited) · Cura connect: webcam view broken
20 minutes ago, tinkergnome said:

 

Also just to clarify:

The 'product owner' is a role in agile software development, in this case probably just a different person (not mentioned by name) that is working for the company though. At least we know that it's not Marco...

 

Not every employee of Ultimaker is active on this forum, it's meant as a forum for the community, not as a support forum of the manufacturer. The best way is indeed to bother your reseller with those problems (the more the better...). The network of resellers (pun ?) is the "voice of the customer" the product owner is responsible for. ?

 

Edit:

It doesn't hurt to mention issues here on the forum though - but this voice is far less powerful... ?

Your comments are well received and I agree that “direct” communication with the distributor compels information to be forwarded to their Ultimaker support team as well; direct communication between the customer and Ultimaker is valuable too.

 

However......

 

With regards to this forum and it being a portal directly to Ultimaker; according to Ultimaker it is as they directed me here from day one and have continued to do so.

 

Now, it goes without saying that “every” Ultimaker team member is not active here however, there are those that have been assigned and or simply opted to participate within this forum.

 

Either the forum is an active portal to be used for Ultimaker team communications or it is not; it can’t be based on what’s convienent; meaning which issues they want to discuss at any given the time. If the later is the situation then it is akin to cloak and dagger or better put; masking.

 

Now to to interactions between the end users and the “many” folks that freely, often relentlessly, offer their assistance; this is beyond wonderful and very much appreciated. 

Edited by Shadowman
Spelling
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura connect: webcam view broken

@Msuurmond is the Product Owner of Cura.

 

12 hours ago, Shadowman said:

Either the forum is an active portal to be used for Ultimaker team communications or it is not

 

The forum is - and has been for a long time - a place for the Ultimaker Community to converse. As far as I know, it is not an official support channel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Our picks

    • Ultimaker Cura 4.0 | Stable available!
      Ultimaker Cura 4.0 is mainly focused on the improved user interface and cloud integration.
      As always, we want to collect your user feedback for this release. If there are any improvements you can think of, feel free to mention it here and help us to shape the next release.
      • 98 replies
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!