Cura connect: webcam view broken

coduy

Posted · Cura connect: webcam view broken

It seems that webcam link is not OK. When I click to see the webcam view it just shows me a broken link. It does that on each browser. If I run the default network monitor that comes with Chrome it points to 127.0.0.1, and I guess the IP should be something in the range of the LAN the printer is connected to. 

1280702340_broken_camera_image.thumb.png.cef70cdb3d281255937669d7aa0a03b9.png

767035112_networkmonitor.png.0db98730e9ba604b6f41bc2f452da8e5.png

So if I browse directly to 192.168.0.1:8080/?action=stream I can see webcam view. 

The software version is Ultimaker Cura 3.5.1 

17 hours ago, Dim3nsioneer said:

It's a bug in Cura, Cura Connect and the Ultimaker app. I thought it would be fixed with Cura 3.5 but obviously that fix takes a bit longer. Maybe @Marco_TvM can give us an update on this?

Hi Dim3nsioneer,

I'm afraid I can't answer that. The only one who can is the Product Owner of Cura.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 6:18 AM, coduy said:

It seems that webcam link is not OK. When I click to see the webcam view it just shows me a broken link. It does that on each browser. If I run the default network monitor that comes with Chrome it points to 127.0.0.1, and I guess the IP should be something in the range of the LAN the printer is connected to. 

1280702340_broken_camera_image.thumb.png.cef70cdb3d281255937669d7aa0a03b9.png

767035112_networkmonitor.png.0db98730e9ba604b6f41bc2f452da8e5.png

So if I browse directly to 192.168.0.1:8080/?action=stream I can see webcam view. 

The software version is Ultimaker Cura 3.5.1 

You likely know this and yet;

When connected to your internal network your IP address will be input as shared; 192.xxxx however, if connecting outside of your network your IP adddress input will be your Public IP such as 127.xxxx

When accessing using your Public IP address you need to Port forward 8080 within your router to the printer’s internal IP address.

And to clarify the owner of Cura; it is Ultimaker.

Posted (edited) · Cura connect: webcam view broken
    45 minutes ago, Shadowman said:

And to clarify the owner of Cura; it is Ultimaker.

Also just to clarify:

The 'product owner' is a role in agile software development, in this case probably just a different person (not mentioned by name) that is working for the company though. At least we know that it's not Marco...

Not every employee of Ultimaker is active on this forum, it's meant as a forum for the community, not as a support forum of the manufacturer. The best way is indeed to bother your reseller with those problems (the more the better...). The network of resellers (pun ?) is the "voice of the customer" the product owner is responsible for. ?

Edit:

It doesn't hurt to mention issues here on the forum though - but this voice is far less powerful... ?

Edited by tinkergnome

Posted (edited) · Cura connect: webcam view broken
    20 minutes ago, tinkergnome said:

Also just to clarify:

The 'product owner' is a role in agile software development, in this case probably just a different person (not mentioned by name) that is working for the company though. At least we know that it's not Marco...

Not every employee of Ultimaker is active on this forum, it's meant as a forum for the community, not as a support forum of the manufacturer. The best way is indeed to bother your reseller with those problems (the more the better...). The network of resellers (pun ?) is the "voice of the customer" the product owner is responsible for. ?

Edit:

It doesn't hurt to mention issues here on the forum though - but this voice is far less powerful... ?

Your comments are well received and I agree that “direct” communication with the distributor compels information to be forwarded to their Ultimaker support team as well; direct communication between the customer and Ultimaker is valuable too.

However......

With regards to this forum and it being a portal directly to Ultimaker; according to Ultimaker it is as they directed me here from day one and have continued to do so.

Now, it goes without saying that “every” Ultimaker team member is not active here however, there are those that have been assigned and or simply opted to participate within this forum.

Either the forum is an active portal to be used for Ultimaker team communications or it is not; it can’t be based on what’s convienent; meaning which issues they want to discuss at any given the time. If the later is the situation then it is akin to cloak and dagger or better put; masking.

Now to to interactions between the end users and the “many” folks that freely, often relentlessly, offer their assistance; this is beyond wonderful and very much appreciated. 

Edited by Shadowman
    Spelling
    • Like 1

@Msuurmond is the Product Owner of Cura.

12 hours ago, Shadowman said:

Either the forum is an active portal to be used for Ultimaker team communications or it is not

The forum is - and has been for a long time - a place for the Ultimaker Community to converse. As far as I know, it is not an official support channel.